In the existing contemporary world, we come across many new platforms that would be helpful to design a website in a way that look visually rich, work well, engaging and provide good results. As the demand for web development is growing at a faster pace, more number of features and functionalities are added to the ever-growing web platform.
Out of many, one of the good options that are being accessible in the existing era is ColdFusion application development. Whether you set yourself to work for small or large websites, CF helps in creating simple as well as the complex applications quickly and effortlessly.
It is not just a language but is a framework developed in CFML language. However, it offers a fine platform for building the standard web applications with ease. As this widely used web development platform is highly inspired from PHP, a CF developer can surely expect umpteen number of advanced features within ColdFusion.
What makes CF unique
ColdFusion is an advanced technology put forth by Adobe to permit developers in creating graphically appealing and vibrant web pages and sites. It is one of the sought after tools just like PHP to support developers in modifying the source code of a particular framework as per the users requirement. Its simplicity makes easy to learn and to embed into HTML too.
An experienced, as well as a fresher, can easily grab the opportunity in their aspired field of web development with ColdFusion. However, an experienced person can easily learn this language, as the syntax part of CF is almost similar to that of other well-known languages like PHP, .net etc.
How ColdFusion plays a key in web development?
ColdFusion is an Adobe’s owned programming tool that helps in creating required web applications at a faster pace. Here we are listing out few of the benefits of developing web pages in CF.
- It is quite easy to incorporate with Java, .net and.XML for creating the visually rich and engaging web applications
- Does not require much coding as like that of other languages
- Allows to develop advanced applications with enhanced functionalities
- Has higher run-time performance
- Highly dependable, hence popular among the web developers
- Applications developed by making use of this advanced platform are easy to integrate with other IT frameworks
- Helps to manage and track the customer databases effortlessly
- It also supports in developing the additional applications on the existing web application
Graphically appealing web pages, high performance and quality are the major reasons why most companies wish to opt for ColdFusion for the development of their web pages.
In this modern era, technology changes quite rapidly and there always seems to be some new platforms coming up with new features and advancements. Out of many ColdFusion application development is the one that has been chosen by most developers as the best platform for improving the interactivity of a particular website.
It’s a known fact that many of the application development platforms gets updated from time to time. These updated versions like ColdFusion 11 provides an umpteen number of benefits to small as well as the large scale businesses.
What is ColdFusion 11 and what’s new in it?
ColdFuison11, the enterprise edition of adobe is a single platform that helps a developer to rapidly create and deploy high-performing and scalable web applications. Moreover, it supports in generating the high-quality PDF files and to manipulate them with the help of CFPDF tag. This advanced version of CF has gone through a series of alterations and enhancements such as:
- Mobile development
- Language enhancement
- WebSocket enhancements
- Security enhancements
- Social enhancements
- PDF generation enhancements
- Spreadsheet enhancements
- On-device debugging
- Enterprise infrastructure and many others
For your reference, here I am listing few of the popular features of CF 11
This advanced version of CF mainly aim at offering a server as well as the development infrastructure that supports in robust mobile application development, packaging, debugging and deployment. It works well only when coded with a CF builder. In general there are three types of mobile application development platforms which a CF supports, they are:
- HTML5 standalone app
- ColdFusion web app
- Hybrid standalone app
CF11 has gone through a series of language enhancements that could offer a good development experience for a CF expert. Few of the CFML language enhancements in CF11 encompasses extended tag support, new language constructs, enhanced script functions as well as the support for other new operations
PDF generation enhancements
With a strong intention of generating fine quality PDFs from HTML documents, CF11 has come up with two new tags called as <cfhtmltopdf> and <cfhtmltopdfitem>
CF11 has lot many bug fixes. This advanced version supports in fixing the security concerns and in strengthening the server to a better extent. Few of the notable security enhancements comprises of
- Preventing attachment download for undelivered mails
- Sending encrypted mails using the <CFMail> tag
- Support for concurrent login sessions for the same user and many others
Do you spend more of your time on social networking sites? If your answer is yes, you will surely enjoy its new alterations too. As ColdFusion, 11 has now come up with a new built-in the tag which would be more helpful in dealing with Google Plus, Twitter, Facebook, Linked-in and many others.
Few of the other advancements in CF11 encompasses Spreadsheet enhancements, compression enhancements, Charting enhancements, On-device debugging and WebSocket enhancements
All the above advancements and enhancements have made the life of a ColdFusion developer much easier and hassle-free.
In the fast-track of technological world, we come across various advancements in the modern technologies that are mainly utilized to surge the online presence. And out of many booming technologies, ColdFusion is the one that is playing a key role in the web applications development. With an array of benefits, this excellent web application server has several aspects to be contemplated such as:
Improved performance: Backs a programmer in building highly effective web applications that are quite effortless to deploy as well as to facilitate a favorable user-interface for rich experience. This oldest and most efficient application development platform is becoming more prevalent these days to design e-commerce websites with advanced features, as it gives a noteworthy chance for a developer to deploy remarkable data on the web that can be managed hassle-freely.
Compatible with Java: An added advantage of this popular language is that its running is not done on Java. It runs top of Java and permits you in making use of the available Java code. Thus, having fine cognizance on the Java Code will be much helpful for you to access all the J2EE libraries along with the ColdFusion. In fact, this special feature is making the Macromedia to promote ColdFusion as “a scripting layer for J2EE”.
Easy to learn: As it is quite similar to normal HTML’s extension tag, you can learn it easily and need not put much efforts while converting the output to HTML. It is highly reliable, simpler and has a high run-time performance.
Great tooling: Apart from its usual version, its latest version encompasses adobe Flash player, apache solr, improved schedule bar, Xpath integration as well as the HTML5 video player. Furthermore there are ample number of IDEs and open source frameworks available for using.
Apart from the above listed there are many other advantages such as:
- Provides and explains all the instructions in detail and clearly
- Its swift and powerful servers provides great flexibility, security and scalability
- Compatible with all the advanced and emerging operating systems of Windows, Unix, Linux, Solaris, AIX, and others
- Individuals willing to integrate Java or .NET projects in their applications can use ColdFusion to fulfill their desire
- Platform supported by servers of Microsoft, Microsoft Exchange, IBM, BEA, LDAP, Sun, and many more
- Built-in support for XML and web services
- Its single interface helps in fine maintenance as well as the administration of data in a safe and secure ambiance
- Have an option to deliver a website in any of the preferred languages
- ColdFusion helps to integrate the new software’s into old ones effortlessly and also to maintain those integration’s cost-effectively
- Most importantly you need not spend much time on surfing, installing or integrating any of the third-party tools
- Hello world! on